Latest gene dating info in D.mel and mammals

1. Gene age dating for Drosophila melanogaster:
This latest version (V6.0), was inferred based on Ensembl v78 and UCSC dm6 (BDGP6). In brief, compared to the first version (Genome Research 2010), which were inferred to encode around 900 Drosophila genus specific genes, majority (87%) remains as Drosophila genus specific genes. The other entries (13%) are affected by annotation or assembly changes. The detailed result and comparison with previous version can be found in the following files:
1) Gene age dating report: Dm6 dating report _final.pdf
2) Gene age dating result: Dm6_ver78_gene_branch
 
2. Gene age dating for Homo sapiens:
This latest version was inferred based on Ensembl v73 and UCSC hg19.The detailed result and comparison with previous version can be found in the following files:
 1) Gene age dating report: Hg19_V73 dating report.pdf
2) Gene age dating result: Hg19_V73_gene_branch;  Human_gene_type

For more technique details, please refer to: GenTree